Use the form below to upload files. Please make sure to carefully read and understand the following guidelines before uploading your files.
To view or search previously uploaded files go to the list of uploaded files, deletions in the deletion log.
Allowed file types UPDATED 2012-01-02 PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Maximum file size: 4 MB
- Accepted formats: .jpg or .jpeg (preferred formats), .png, .gif (non-animated)
- Accepted ratios: New pictures uploaded with ratios other than those listed here will be deleted.
- 3:2: standard ratio for pictures taken with APS-C sized and full-frame DSLR cameras
- 4:3: standard ratio for pictures taken with non-DSLR cameras (Common resolutions include: 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, etc.)
- 16:9: "widescreen", standard ratio for HD video (Common resolutions include: 1280x720, 1920x1080, etc.)
Videos: (Coming Soon)
- Maximum file size: 25 MB (50 MB for HD clips)
- Maximum length: 2 minutes
- Accepted formats: .flv (preferred format), .mp4
- Accepted resolutions: 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p
- Accepted ratios: 4:3 and 16:9 (4:3 only for 240p and 360p resolutions)
Documents: (Coming Soon)
- Maximum file size: 4 MB
- Accepted formats: .pdf (preferred format), .doc and .docx, .ppt and .pptx, .xls and .xlsx
The title you give to the files you upload is like the title you give to an article you create. Please use clear titles describing what the picture is about. Use of underscores, hyphens, DSC_, IMG_, names, excessive punctuation, numbers (including the picture date) is prohibited. Files violating this rule WILL be deleted.
Examples of good file names:
- RTL 21077 near Terminus Panama.jpg
- STM 22-203.png
- Terminus Longueuil at Night.png
Examples of bad file names:
Please use the summary box to give more information about the file that are not included in the title. It should not contain copyright information or informations about it's owner.
Before clicking on the upload button, please select a file origin from the drop-down menu. This step is essential to make sure the file you wish to upload is eligible for TransitfanWiki file upload system.
Once you select an origin, a box will appear under the drop-down menu telling you wether or not you file can be uploaded. Should you need to add additional information in the 'upload summary' box please do so immediately before uploading the file.
Using your files
To include a file in a page, use a link in one of the following forms:
- [[File:File.jpg]] to use the full version of the file
- [[File:File.png|200px]] to use a 200 pixel wide thumbnail (standard size for images included in tables)
- [[Media:File.ogg]] for directly linking to the file without displaying the file
Image names are case-sensitive. For example, if an image is called Picture.jpg then neither picture.jpg nor Picture.JPG will find it.