Mystic's Transit Fan Network!

The Source that's made by and created for Montreal Transit Fans and beyond!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:18 pm 

Hi, and my title is my 2 youtube accounts (first one for everything but transit and second one for transit). I'm based in York Region, ONT. The YRT is my home, the TTC is my "playground", and the VIA Rail is my "transit" (if you get it lol). I mainly transitfan and railfan around Toronto, but I have been to Montreal on the 2012 Thanksgiving Weekend.

Favorite bus: Novabus LFS related buses
Favorite locomotive: GE P42DC and EMD SD70ACe
Favorite engine/transmission combo: Cummins ISL EPA04/07 w/B400R5
Least favorite bus: Any school bus
Last favorite locomotive: NONE! I like' em all
Least favorite engine/transmission combo: Any engine with a manual or AS Tronic in it
Most wanted from YouTube: SeattleSubKid (block him, guys! He spams, stalks, and trolls!)

"Please stand clear of the doors."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:17 pm 
Charter Organizer

Welcome Aboard, We need more Ontario Fans!!

MrMontreal66 Productions - Find Me in the links below!!:
Facebook Fan PageTwitterYoutubeFlickrInstagram

AVATAR: FHTCQ 15-140 (Ex-STCUM)SIGNATURE: Transit Windsor 535 & 554

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:27 pm 
Site Admin

Great to have you aboard!

Look forward to hear some of your YRT and Train stories! :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:39 pm 
GTA Correspondent

Welcome to our little corner of the Interwebs :)! It's always nice to have another Ontario guy aboard, especially one whose interests are as diversified as yours :). And like you, I too am a regular YRT rider.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

UP1988, I saw you mentioned you have a few YouTube accounts, feel free to share the links to them with us so we can sub and check out your videos.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 am 
Resident Artist

Welcome aboard! It was me, MTLtransitvideos, that was correcting a few details in your videos. :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:24 pm 

Welcome to the forums! :)

Avatar: Cornwall Transit 8558 during TransitFan's seventh charter on August 25th 2012

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:30 pm 

Quote:
UP1988, I saw you mentioned you have a few YouTube accounts, feel free to share the links to them with us so we can sub and check out your videos.
well there's UP1988SD70ACe, and the other one is TTCOrionVII1337.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:32 pm 

Quote:
Welcome to our little corner of the Interwebs :)! It's always nice to have another Ontario guy aboard, especially one whose interests are as diversified as yours :). And like you, I too am a regular YRT rider.
:P I'm so regular, it's hard for a driver of RT 18 to NOT catch a glimpse of me!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:45 am 
GTA Correspondent

Quote:
Quote:
:P I'm so regular, it's hard for a driver of RT 18 to NOT catch a glimpse of me!
I've had the same driver on my morning 88 to Finch Stn. ever since I moved into my new place, and I think he's starting to recognize me too. Not that that's a bad thing. mind you. YRT's drivers are among the nicest - and most culturally diverse - I've ever encountered.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:17 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've had the same driver on my morning 88 to Finch Stn. ever since I moved into my new place, and I think he's starting to recognize me too. Not that that's a bad thing. mind you. YRT's drivers are among the nicest - and most culturally diverse - I've ever encountered.
Yeah, I noticed lol. Can't say the same for some TTC guys.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:17 pm 
GTA Correspondent

I beg to differ. There are a lot of friendly TTC bus, subway and streetcar operators. Many of them greet their passengers when they get on, engage in conversation with them, and send them off with a "Have a nice day," or something to that effect. Heck, I've even become friendly with one TTC subway operator on the YUS who prefers to drive H5s and T1s over TRs because he likes to leave the cab door open and interact with passengers. The TRs don't allow for that because of their full-length cabs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:27 pm 

Quote:
I beg to differ. There are a lot of friendly TTC bus, subway and streetcar operators. Many of them greet their passengers when they get on, engage in conversation with them, and send them off with a "Have a nice day," or something to that effect. Heck, I've even become friendly with one TTC subway operator on the YUS who prefers to drive H5s and T1s over TRs because he likes to leave the cab door open and interact with passengers. The TRs don't allow for that because of their full-length cabs.
oh :P I have had a conversation with a Wilson driver in July. I asked him about Artics and the future fleet. He said they were still in the planning stage, but it looked like Nova was gonna take the cake lol. But I didn't know for sure till August 2 xD

An operator from Greenwood granted me a cabride in a T1 on the same day!